The Holborn Union Infirmary opened in 1879. In 1948 it became part
of the Whittington Hospital and known as the Archway Wing. Fifty
years later, in 1998, it was sold by the NHS and jointly purchased
by Middlesex University and University College London. It has been
renamed The Archway Campus.
The Campus serves as a focus for initiatives in Multiprofessional
Education, Informatics, Clinical Research and Health Services Research.
These are being developed and integrated with the aim of improving
clinical education, supporting clinical practice and benefiting local